Blueberry is one of the most popular fruits in the world, which is good news because they are one of the highest ranking fruits in terms of antioxidants, which help fight free radicals that damage cellular structures and DNA in our bodies. When consuming raw blueberries is the best, as this will help preserve the enzymes and compounds in the berries. Besides being the fruit that contains more antioxidants, blueberry has other benefits, such as:
- Reduces cholesterol - Blueberries can lower the level of bad cholesterol, being even more efficient than many medicines.
- Urinary and digestive system – Blueberries help prevent and treat infections in the urinary tract, is indicated for relief of inflammation of the mouth and may contribute to the treatment and prevention of colitis, diarrhea and intestinal gas.
- Memory and motor coordination - Blueberry improves memory and motor coordination, protects the brain from the effects of brain deterioration associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- Vision - Blueberry improves eyesight, especially improves night vision and reduces tired eyesight, and is also excellent for preventing cataracts.
- In diabetes – Blueberry is a plant that works well in restoring small circulation and is therefore used in diabetic retinopathy, lack of renal perfusion and diabetic foot.